West Coast Fiddleheads
Intermediate & Advanced Fiddleheads
This group is designed to allow students of all ages (including adult students) to play and perform pieces together. The level is approx. grade 3 – 6. Some of the repertoire, includes 1st and 2nd violin parts. Students at higher levels are encouraged to be featured as soloists.
Professional guest artists will occassionally join in at the rehearsals and concerts which gives students the experience of working with a variety of instruments, thus developing their skills in orchestral or band settings.
This group is designed for students that are approx. 8 to 12 yrs old, have studied with Rosalie for approximately 1 year or longer, and are able to play Level One RCM.
Once they are comfortable with specific material they are welcome to participate with this group and eventually move into the intermediate & advanced fiddle group.
If you are a committed violinist or fiddler that is interested in joining the WCF we welcome you!
The following is required for a student to join:
- 2+ years playing experience for the junior level
- 3+ years playing experience for the senior level
- Weekly private lessons with a professional fiddle / violin instructor
- Student is required to Audition
- Commitment to attend our rehearsals on Sunday afternoons. Juniors at 1:30 to 2:30pm. Seniors 2:30 to 3:45pm
The schedule will be sent to you once you’ve completed & passed the audition.
West Coast Fiddleheads are available to perform at festivals, community events and Seniors’ Facilities.
If you are interested in performing with the West Coast Fiddleheads or booking them for your event, please contact Rosalie:
- Fair In The Square at Place des Arts, Coquitlam
- French Bistro at Place des Arts, Coquitlam
- Shadbolt Craft Fair
- Deer Lake Art Festival
- Trout Lake Summer Concert Series
- Summer Sounds at the Haywood Bandstand, Stanley Park
- Christmas Concerts at The Cambrian and Hungarian Hall
- Seniors’ Care Facilities